Offa Glyndwr Training & Consultancy (OG T&C) was established in 2006 in order to raise the awareness of environmental issues in businesses and communities.
Course and consultancy
Companies and community groups
can receive courses or
Alice Cowell (nee Goldstone), proprietor of OG T&C, has been in the environmental field for over 12 years.
From 2002 to 2006 Alice worked as an environmental trainer teaching on a wide range of environmental subjects including Environmental Management Systems, utilities' management, environmental law and conservation.
Prior to this, Alice was a Local Authority Support Programme Coordinator, helping local authorities in Surrey and East Sussex achieve their Home Energy Conservation Act (1995) targets. This included organising conferences, contributing to Local Plans, successfully establishing affordable warmth steering groups and setting up schools projects.
Alice has an MSc in Environmental Strategy, a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Science and is an Associate Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
OG T&Cs biggest project to date is a 2 year contract with Talybont on Usk Energy. The main focus of this project is to help the community of Talybont on Usk on its way to become the first carbon neutral community in Wales. This project has so far included:
- Supporting other local communities looking at sustainable energy projects through visioning workshops and training sessions for volunteers
- Setting up partnerships with other organisations
- Presentations to local groups
- Coordination of wood heating feasibility study
- Promotion of renewable energy options for the community (including local businesses and community buildings)
- Writing project and funding proposals
- Organising awareness raising events
- Coordinating community carbon footprinting
- Coordinating and supporting volunteers
- Media Campaigns
Since OG T&C was set up in 2006 other projects have included:
- Environmental expert advisor for a community tourism funding scheme
- Speaking at Borderlines Film Festival
- Running a affordable warmth action plan workshop that enabled delegates to inform and contribute towards the action plan
- Speaking at the Pembrokeshire Micro Hydro Power Day
- Providing Community Carbon Footprint trainingcoordinating Community Carbon Footprint projects
- Freelance training for the Environmental Trainers Network (ETN)
- Setting up and launching the Teme Valley Energy Centre
- A series of community environmental training sessions
- Coordinating Community Carbon Foot-printing projects for two towns
- Coordinating a series of Affordable Warmth events
Offa Glyndwr Training & Consultancy
1, Ivy Cottage, Garth Lane, Knighton, LD7 1SB
Tel: 01547 520374,